Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mission Year

I was recently asked by my youth pastor at my church back home to write a little thing about what I've learned in Mission Year and how is has changed me for people considering doing it. So, I decided I would share with you all that!



Mission Year has been the best experience of my life. I used to be scared to do anything, such as go to the gas station or the store by myself. Now I've gone to Philadelphia by myself! Being in Mission Year, I've learned to step out of my comfort zone and do things that make me “comfortably uncomfortable”. Everyone here is a great support system and they push me to do things to help me grow. Living a lifestyle that 100% focuses on loving God and loving people every day has made me grow tremendously in my relationship with Christ. Taking a year off of school and devoting it to spend with God takes a lot of trust and faith. I've never had so much faith in my life and it’s so awesome seeing how God is working and moving in my life. I wasn't in the best place with God when I started Mission Year; failing to read my bible, being “too busy” to pray, and just plain ignoring God. Mission Year has changed me in that way so much and I’m SO grateful. I now find any way I can to pray for people and encourage people with bible verses. God has shown me so many things in the past 7ish months since being in Mission Year that I don’t know how I could have possibly ignored Him before. I’m saying it because it’s all truth and from my heart not just to make Mission Year look like it is better than anything else. This has been THE BEST experience I have EVER had and I’m so excited to see where God is going to lead me in these last 4 months of being in Philadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment