Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pray. Relax. Let go. Let God take over.

One way to think of the word surrender is: to give oneself up completely, as into the power of another; submit. To go along with the word surrender comes trust. Trust is a confident expectation of something; hope.

The past week or so, I have been learning to let go of my wants/desires and give them to God. Giving those things up to let God handle them takes a lot of trust. To let go is not to cut myself off, it's the realization that I can't control another. I've realized that I can't control other people, or their feelings, and I just need to let God take care of it.

Sometimes it takes a while to realize what you need to do in order to grow closer to God. I've realized that letting go of what I want is one of the hardest, but most important priorities to be able to grow. I know it is going to be an everyday struggle, but I also know how strong of a person I will become. "Letting go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands." I am definitely not going to be perfect at this, but I will be trying my hardest. " You can't reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday's junk."
“Once we surrender our self to God completely, He will take care of us in every way.” Not only am I giving up me wants/desires, I also surrender myself. I give my whole self to God; to let him take care of my life. I know He will take care of my life. My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways - Proverbs 23:26.

"The past is like an anchor holding us back, you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be." 

Letting go is to become the best I can be. I had to learn to do whatever God told me in His Word and in my heart to do, and it has been worth it. Do you want everything God has for you? Be willing to do everything He asks of you.

"To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes and to cherish the moments." We cannot do anything apart from Jesus. Trust in God and lean on Him for everything. We honor Him when we show our dependence on Him by asking for help for big things and little ones. I encourage you to lean on God and ask Him to help you with all kinds of things, little things as well as big things.

I've let God do what He wants to do in my life. I let Him show me that I was prideful, haughty, obnoxious, selfish, self-centered, and hard to get along with. I've let Him show me these things because the truth about our behavior will set us free. John 8:32 - Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Love yourself by submitting to the work He wants to do in your life. Don't resist; let Him do it and see what good results from it.

"To let go is to fear less, trust in God more, and freely give the love that He's given to me."

Close your eyes, clear your heart and let it go.












No comments:

Post a Comment