Thursday, February 14, 2013

God's LOVE


God's Love Gives Us Confidence 


In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought to completion and attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world. 1 John 4:17
To be bold actually means to be courageous in the presence of fear. To be confident does not mean we never feel fear; it simply means that no matter how we feel, we magnify God above all else and step out in faith to do whatever He asks us to do.

We never have to be afraid of God. We should have reverential fear, meaning a respectful awe, of Him, but He does not want us to lack confidence when we face Him. The Bible tells us to come "fearlessly and confidently and boldly" to the thrown of grace and make our requests known (Heb. 4:16). We cannot operate in boldness and fear at the same time. We may "feel" fear, but we must not bow down or give in to it; we can approach God with confidence.

In our society today we have an epidemic of insecurity. The world is full of people who lack confidence. Our confidence is to be placed in Christ alone and in His love for us. We are to put no confidence in the flesh, but to be bold and courageous in Christ. Begin to believe today that from now on you will step out in faith to do whatever He asks you to do. Don't draw back in fear and timidity, but go all the way through to the finish of each task.
Love God Today: "Father, deliver me from insecurity and a lack of confidence. Help me be bold and courageous."

This was from a devotional I read yesterday in my book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer. I really thought this was a great reading and really relevant in my life. I've been working on fear a lot and stepping out in faith. This devotional really helped me and made me realize that I don't have anything to be afraid of because God's love gives me confidence.

Today in my devotional book I read about how "Confidence Bring Comfort". This was also great to read and just open my eyes to see that I can do anything and that confidence is key.


Confidence Brings Comfort


You will show me that path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy... Psalm 16:11.
Being confident in God's love enables us to be comfortable in His presence. Yet many people are tense and uptight most of that time. They are nervous and sometimes even afraid to meet new people, begin tasks, or have to make decisions. Some people are often tense or anxious when they attempt to meet with God in prayer and fellowship. They are afraid they won't pray properly, long enough, with the right posture, or with enough eloquence.

I was always uncomfortable in my earthly father's presence. He was mean and abusive, and my discomfort was understandable. But I am grateful to have learned that I don't ever need to be uncomfortable in my heavenly Father's presence. He loves us at all times and is always glad to spend time with us; He's happy when we want to be with Him and He delights in hearing our prayers and answering them. He doesn't expect us to be perfect or our prayers to be perfect. So we need to accept our imperfections and work on our weaknesses while allowing God to love us as we are. If any one of us could be perfect in our behavior, we would not need Jesus and His death would have been in vain. He paid for all our imperfections and makes a way for us to be comfortable in God's presence. Because of what Jesus did, we can relax in God and be confident in His love.

Love God Today: "I thank You, Lord, that I can relax in life, living free from the tyranny of anxiety, nervousness, or fear. I am confident in You and comfortable in Your presence!"

This also being from Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer! This is a really amazing devotional book that I read every morning to start my day. Both of these passages really hit me because I have been working on facing my fears and being confident and being able to pray out loud. Both of these really helped me and I hope they can help you as well! Show someone some love today! God bless and have a WONDERFUL Valentines Day! (:


*THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS AND I CERTAINLY DO NOT TAKE CREDIT! I only wrote the passages about how these devotionals have helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment