Thursday, June 27, 2013

True Blessing

This past week has be so awesome! The Lord has answered prayers!!

One of my housemates, Rigsbee, works at a school called Logan Hope and on Monday, June 24th, I had the blessing to be apart of their summer day camp! I will be helping serve there this summer, or for the next 3 weeks of work that we have in Mission Year. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to have this opportunity! Even though I just started this past week, I already LOVE it! Being able to be around the kids all day every day is a blessing in itself, but also being able to pour God's love into them is the cherry on top of an awesome ice cream sunday! I know I am not the most outgoing person, but when it comes to those kids, you just have to let go of all shyness and act crazy and have fun.

On Tuesday, I was wearing a shirt that said Saved With Amazing Grace and at the bottom it said #jcluforever. One of the kids came up to me and started reading my shirt. When he got to the part that said jclu forever, he asked what that meant. So, I went on to tell him that it meant Jesus Christ loves you. It felt really amazing just to say to a little kid that Jesus loved him, even if I was just telling him what my shirt meant!

These kids are already making an impact in my life and I've only been there for 3 days! I can't wait to see where God will bring me in these next 3 weeks working at the day camp!! I know that it will help me grow more as a person and help to expand my knowledge and pour into these beautiful children.

I just wanted to let all of you know what has been happening and how God is answering prayers and working in my life! I can't even explain how grateful I am for opportunities like this!!! God has blessed me. (:

The Logan Hope website says this about their summer day camp:
"The Relevance of a Summer Day Camp
LOGAN Hope Summer Day Camp fills the summer void for neighborhood children by giving them positive and challenging activities such as sports and competitions, swimming, educational field trips, brain-strengthening activities, and mentoring relationships. In the same way that staying in school has been shown to reduce gang involvement, teenage pregnancy, drug use, and violence in our community, our summer day camp accomplishes the same things when school is out of session."


No comments:

Post a Comment